One of my investigators has a baptismal date!!! We finally asked her and she said yes. The 30th of November. Whooo!!! We just have to figure out the marriage situation. She has a husband in Honduras and a boyfriend here. Originally we were going to dodge that bullet because the boyfriend was caught driving without a license and was going to be deported. Buuuut, they found a lawyer and soo... We'll figure it out somehow.
And one of our other investigators is progressing super well. The young women in the branch here have done an amazing job of befriending her.
We went on team-ups with the Elders this week. It was a lot better than the other times I've been on team-ups. They are just soooo stressful. I love our elders, but teaching with them can be a little nerve wracking sometimes. Both of them have been out considerably longer than Hermana Newman or I have. Anyway, it went great this time.
After two weeks of being broken, our washer is finally fixed. We can finally have clean clothes again. I had to break into my supply of clothes in my suitcase. (I keep some of my clothes in my suitcase because (1) they aren't weather appropriate, and (2) they will seem like new clothes when I do take them out.)
On Wednesday we had Sister Conference, and it was awesome. We carpooled out to Frederick in a huge mom-van with seven missionary sisters. We had to stop and get gas and one of the sisters had to back us up. :) One of the other ladies filling her car up at the gas station looked a little creeped out. :) Sister's Conference was pretty good. There were a lot of really good talks given.
On Saturday, Hermana Newman and I got to go to the Visitor's Center at the Washington DC temple for a Hispanic cultural event. It was awesome. All of our investigators ended up canceling, but because we had a different ride than them, we had to stay. (Whooo!)
Guess what we didn't eat on Sunday? Tongue tacos. Instead we had a really yummy sandwich and three desserts. That's right. Three. We told them we were full, but they wouldn't take no for an answer. At least all of the desserts were mostly healthy. A grapefruit with chili powder (actually very good), a real fruit popsicle, and jello.
The picture below is of the Sanchez family. They are the ones who kindly drove us to the temple in DC so that we could watch the cultural event. It was an interesting car ride that stretched my Spanish. They don't speak any English. Or at least that's what they tell us. I saw Hermana Sanchez talking with someone at the Visitor Center that positively didn't speak Spanish.
I'm off to make apple pie for one of the families in the ward as a thank you. They have never had real apple pie and I want an excuse to enjoy cooking one. Should be fun without a peeler and a pie smoosher thingie.
Hermana Crotzer
Editor's note: Catherine's paragraph about getting gas and having to have one of the sisters "back them up" is reference to the safety practice of having one missionary sister stand outside the vehicle while the other missionary sister backs the car up. The idea is that this prevents them from backing into something, and it is a mandatory rule.
No comments:
Post a Comment