Hey everybody,
Thanks for telling me about your week. Mine was awesome too.
Thursday we met Argentina, a Spanish lady that technically isn't part of our ward but we thought it would be good to go visit her anyway. She has a lot of strong opinions and was very outspoken with us. But I thought the way that she spoke her mind and everything was great. At least we know that she isn't interested in coming to church. (Although, why she would let us into her house is a mystery to me.) Most people tell us that they are interested because they don't want to sound rude and then they ignore us later.
Lucy, who just moved here a few weeks ago from Texas has moved on to Baltimore. That's not in our area so we have to help her find the church in Baltimore and then pass her off to the Elders there. She is the lady in the flower dress.
Thanks for telling me about your week. Mine was awesome too.
Thursday we met Argentina, a Spanish lady that technically isn't part of our ward but we thought it would be good to go visit her anyway. She has a lot of strong opinions and was very outspoken with us. But I thought the way that she spoke her mind and everything was great. At least we know that she isn't interested in coming to church. (Although, why she would let us into her house is a mystery to me.) Most people tell us that they are interested because they don't want to sound rude and then they ignore us later.
Lucy, who just moved here a few weeks ago from Texas has moved on to Baltimore. That's not in our area so we have to help her find the church in Baltimore and then pass her off to the Elders there. She is the lady in the flower dress.
There aren't any other Spanish speaking sisters in the entire mission. Hermana Newman and I are the only ones. And that is why we have been companions for four months in the same place. (There isn't anywhere else to put us.) I'll be super sad when the time comes to leave. I love all of the members here.
On Saturday, we helped Hna Castro weed her yard. Basically, we pulled
everything out. It was fun and I got to get my hands muddy. Whooo. Here is a
picture of us in front of our work (not sure I can call it that. I think we
destroyed her yard.) with Hna Castro. Yup, I've gotten fatter.
(Most) of the Rivera family came to church on Sunday and Alma (the mom) bought a new dress. The mom is already a member and now the oldest daughter is really progressing.
On Sunday, we had our usual cita [appointment] with Hna Breton. Earlier that morning,
Hna Newman and I had been talking about how we didn't think that she really paid
attention to us and that we kinda just went to her house every Sunday just
because. Well, not so. People don't make bread for just anybody. (At least
not normal people.) Right before we were about to leave, after having a really
good spiritual discussion, she said she had a gift for us and then handed us
this loaf of lemon bread. She said that she made three loaves: one for her, one
for her friend, and one for us. Awww...
Oh, we also ate tongue tacos with the Mora family again on Sunday. The
first ones were better. This time you could see the taste buds. Yeeehhkkk.
Hermano Mora made me eat six of the tacos. They sure do fill ya up.
:)
One more picture for Sarah, because she tells me each week, "Be an awesome missionary. Take lots of pictures!"
Until next week --
Hermana Crotzer
No comments:
Post a Comment