This week was really really really really really busy. You can see how busy it really was by the fact that I took the time to type the word "really" seven times.
Monday we had a really nice family home evening with the Ferreyra family.
Tuesday we spent all stinking day in meetings. (And we were an hour late to one of them. It was the elders' fault.) Between all of the meetings Tuesday, we managed to have an appointment with Gabriel. He told us he was bored because we just keep teaching the same things. Yup. That's right. That's because they are the "new member lessons." ·sigh· Sometimes this man is just so... finicky. :)
Wednesday we had our first appointment with Tati (Andrea). She's gonna get baptized soon. She already has a date for the 18th of October.
Thursday the bishop canceled his meeting with us, so we waited in the chapel for the elders so that we could return their vacuum.
Friday we planned in less than an hour. I still can't decide if that was a good thing or not. Because our planning was really in depth, it just didn't take the usual three hours... We also had an appointment with Gabriel. We taught something new!!! :)
Saturday we had a ward service project in the morning and a capilla abierta [open house at the chapel] in the night. We did nothing alllllll day long. (That's not true, we did lots of stuff it's just that none of the stuff we did helped us have better numbers.) For the service project, we painted/cleaned a preschool. I don't ever remember my school being quite so dirty. But maybe that's the reason we were doing the service project. It was desperately needed and there wasn't anybody else to do it.
I have absolutely nooo idea what I am doing training. It doesn't help that I (still) don't have the booklet used to do the training program. I'm not even sure if we finished all of the stuff we were supposed to this week. And we sure haven't had language study even once.
What Thomas wrote about in his letter about how hard it is to let the new companion do stuff is sooooo true. I know that it would be sooo much easier and faster if I did everything. But at the same time, my companion would never learn. I'm not so sure how well I've been doing. I can't seem to let go of the cell phone. I'm pretty sure she thinks that it's my phone and not OUR phone. Yeah... I should probably work on that...
Diego got baptized the other month. The elders in Madariaga sent me photos!
Con amor,
Hermana Crotzer
Editors note: Full-time missionaries take the lead in teaching lessons before baptism with the help of ward missionaries and other members. After baptism, new members are taught the first four lessons again. The lessons contain the essential doctrines, principles, and commandments. They are organized so that missionaries can help others clearly understand the doctrines of Christ.
The first four lessons are:
• The Message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ
• The Plan of Salvation
• The Gospel of Jesus Christ
• The Commandments
No comments:
Post a Comment