Monday, September 23, 2013

More News from Baltimore

We went out with our mission leader and his daughter last night.  It was really good except for the fact that we got home at 9:50pm.  TWENTY minutes AFTER curfew.   (If I could draw stuff with the computer, I would draw something like that one picture where the guy is holding his face, screaming in horror.  AHHHHH!!!  We were 20 minutes late!!)

Look what we found at Wal-mart last Monday.  It's a Harry Potter shirt that has a cape.  I'm pretty sure I would have bought it if I wasn't on a mission.


Sometimes it gets really cold in the apartments in the morning.  What Hermana Newman DIDN'T get in this next picture is the two jackets I have over my feet.  And I was still cold, so about three minutes later, I got in my sleeping bag, hopped back over to the table, and studied while bundled in my sleeping bag.  It was nice and warm.  :)


This past week, there were strange bubbles in our wall and they were multiplying, so we called the maintenance guy to come and take a look.  Turns out it wasn't anything deadly or dangerous.  The paint was just bubbling from the weather.  He decided to re-paint our apartment.  So we took the beds apart, stuffed them in the closet and then left.  (We can't be alone with a man, even in OUR house.)  We got home really late and didn't have enough energy to put the beds back together.  So we just slept on the floor.  Yay!  A pretend sleep over!


Later that night, after I had already fallen asleep, Hermana Newman decided to take a picture.  She thought that I was still awake because it had only been a few minutes.  Nope.  I was very asleep.  Hello, camera flash.  :)  Just so you all know, it isn't very fun to wake up to a camera flash.  But, ehhh, it was funny anyway.


As far as other news, all of the missionaries in the mission had to take a defensive driving course.  Guess what everybody!!  I passed and I STILL can't drive.  But I'm okay with that.  Maryland drivers are crazy!

We got Bible bashed this week...  Koran bashed actually... by a Muslim lady.  That was fun.  We knew that she was Hindu, but we still decided to talk to her.

We also got to talk to one of our less active members, Hermana Lemus.  We had only met her once before when Hermana Newman sort of just waltzed into their house.  (Hey, they left to door open and didn't say that we couldn't help them with their groceries.)  The second time that we went over, Sister Lemus was there and she let us in.  I sat down on the couch where she wanted me, Hermana Newman went to use the bathroom and Hermana Lemus left and went downstairs.  So there I am, chilling out on her couch, alone, wondering what exactly I'm supposed to do.  Hermana Newman finishes up in the bathroom (she was calling someone...  in the bathroom...)  And so both of us are sitting on the couch, wondering what we are supposed to do, when Hermana Lemus comes back upstairs.  It turns out she had gone to get her Libro de Mormon and her Santa Biblia.  AND WE DIDN'T EVEN ASK!!!  :)  We had a wonderful chat and we are going back on martes [Tuesday] to learn how to make tacos.  :)

'Til next week,
Hermana Crotzer

Editor's notes:  The reference to "Hermana Lemus" is not a reference to another sister missionary.  Female members of the Church are commonly addressed as "Hermana So-and-so" ["Sister So-and-so"] reflecting the belief that we are all children of God and therefore brothers and sisters to one another.  So Catherine is saying that she and her companion visited a lady, Sister Lemus [i.e. Mrs. Lemus].

No comments: