We were visiting investigators that live kinda far away (so we usually only visit them once a week) and we had lunch at the Papusaria. The same one that I told you all about before. Anyway, we were finishing up eating our papusas, and some black man behind us said, "Hey, beautiful." I thought he was talking to my companion so I just said to ignore him and continued to stuff my face full of delicious, mouth-watering papusa. (We love papusas.) :) My companion turned around anyway and then turns back and says to me, "Uhh... Hermana, he's talking to you" and points back towards him. So I turn around and it turns out he was pointing at me. He must not have been able to see very well because I am not beautiful, I don't look that much older than 19/20 (and he was in his 30's at least), and I told my companion to ignore him (and I'm pretty sure he heard me). Our conversation went something like this (the italics are me):
"Hey, beautiful."
"Me?"
"Yeah, you. C'mere."
"Why?"
"I wanna talk to you."
"About what?"
"About us."
"Uhh... no thanks."
So... yeah.
Here is a picture of a license plate with some Spanish humor.
"Umm pues" means some thing like, "Umm, well." I don't know why Hermana Newman and I think it is so funny. But we find it hilarious.
The next four pictures are of Hemana Newman and I stressing out after everybody canceled on us the second day in a row. As you can see, we handled it pretty well. We took pictures. Two of them are just us making faces.
Aren't I gorgeous?
Another photo is us and our cookie packages. The cookies were already gone by the time we took the pictures. (We might stress eat just a little.)
The next picture is of Hermana Newman curled up on the floor. Another person had just called us and canceled. As soon as she got off the phone, she threw her hands up in the air, shouted "BBAAAAAHHHH!" and promptly curled up in a ball on the kitchen floor.
It was a blast. :) From this, we found out that backup plans are a gift from God. We also found out that sometimes backup plans need their own backup plans.
This last picture is us studying Spanish at McDonald's.
They had a "no loitering" sign inside, so we went and "loitered" outside. Normally we do all of our studies at home in the morning, but we had an appointment rather far from our house and early in the morning. So we just took all of our stuff with us and studied at McDonald's.
We had a member of the Church present at three of our lessons this week, which is three more than our past weekly average of zero. They were amazing lessons. It helps so much to have members present.
I can't think of anything else to write. So I will close here. I have to go make tortillas for two Elders. We are trading tortillas for hamburger tomorrow. It's gonna be delicious.
So... Until next week.
Hemana Crotzer
No comments:
Post a Comment