Monday, June 30, 2014

Banfield Baptism and Hailstorm

Well, we had a baptism this Saturday.  It has to have been the worse planned baptism I have ever been to.  And we planned it...

It's not that we did a bad job planning it, it's just that ALL -- and I mean AAALLLL -- of our plans fell through and didn't work.  Both of the talks didn't show up and neither did the prayers, so the missionaries ended up giving them.  Only one family came, even though about half the ward promised to come.  And to top it all off, the stupid video thingie didn't work.  Hna Kent and I went home after the baptism was finished even though we had another hour left to keep working.  We were just toooo stressed and our heads hurt.  But Debora, another recent convert, said that the baptism was nice and that she couldn't tell that NOTHING went according to plan.  That's my one little bright ray of sunshine.  And it seemed like Pablo, the guy who got baptized, liked it.


Last P-day, I mopped the floor.  This picture of a yellow tub and black water is what came up off the floor.  And that's just from the living room.  I dumped out the icky water and got fresh water to mop every room.  It was disgusting.  And I still haven't finished.  I doubt I'll get around to finishing it today but I did at least sweep up the fluff balls of lint and dust.  (I honestly have NO IDEA where all of the dirt comes from.)


We had interviews with the President this week.  He told me in his e-mail to me this week that I'm the new poster girl for his wife's cleaning campaign.  ;)

Oh, and it hailed  A LOT while I was mopping.  I was scared it was going to break the windows and the roof.  The people here tell me that it wasn't normal.  They say that the hail stones are normally much much much larger but that not nearly as many fall.  For them, it was a little like snow.



There was a youth activity Sunday night and they asked all the missionaries in the stake to come and teach the youth how to give a Book of Mormon to their friends.  It was really quite good.

And that was my week...   Hope all of you have had a great week --
Hermana Crotzer

No comments: