(Let me just say that I hate this keyboard I'm using... Okay, now that that's out of the way...)
I really feel like people need to learn how to plan ahead. Maybe in school they would receive half credit for trying. :) Yesterday, late at night, we were informed that, for our zone p-day, we would be watching a movie, eating lunch and then going to the beach. (In the mission Buenos Aires Sur, we can watch one Disney movie every transfer -- six weeks -- as a group of missionaries.) Instead, we went to the beach, and then watched the movie. It wouldn't be so bad but the activity took up aaaalllll of our p-day. We don't have any more time to go and buy food and do whatever else we need to. Whatever. Next Monday, we can do what we want/need to do. :)
Yesterday I had to give a talk in church. And I had less than five minutes to prepare it. Both of the speakers that the president had asked to give talks didn't show. So, while the only young man in the branch passed the sacrament, the president was mouthing at me, asking me to give a talk. Yup. That's when you pull out your scriptures, find a really long scripture to read and then talk about it for a bit.
My talk was about prayer and I used two (long) scriptures from the book of Alma. One was about where we can pray (anywhere), and the other was about what we can pray for (anything).
River, one of the futbol clubs here in Argentina won some important match yesterday. Something about being the best team in all of South America. All of the River fans were out partying it up in the center of town. I really wish I had had my camera with me. But I didn't. :( Bummer. Let's just say all of the River fans who had cars drove, very slowly, down main street so we couldn't pass. And when we finally did pass, the next street had all of the rest of the River fans who didn't have cars. There was even a dump truck full of teenagers with more people jumping in whenever the truck stopped.
One of our investigators, Etelvina and Ivañes, fed us dinner the other day. And a few days before that too. The first time, we didn't know that they were going to feed us, so we finished the lesson with only 15 min to get back to our house. We were late. And the worst part is that President Gonzalez, the owner of our house and our neighbor, got kind of worried when we didn't get back on time. So he called the president of the district (a mini stake) asking if he had the numbers to our district leaders... I don't feel bad about being late -- what more could we have done? But I do feel really really bad about making other people worry.
I'm sending pictures again. This first picture is of our wall. The roof leaks when it rains.
When we know that it's going to rain, we move the beds into the middle of the room so that we can sleep dry. Pres. Gonzalez said he was going to fix it soon.
This second picture is of my nice and clean study space. (It's actually not that clean in the picture.) I have become a clean freak.
I finally figured out how to take nice, warm showers. I fill up a bucket half way with the freezing cold water from the kitchen and then the rest of the way with the scaldingly hot water from the shower. And then I use a cup to dump the water on my head and wash out all of the shampoo and conditioner. It works pretty well. I have to say that my hair is cleaner than it has ever been before in Madariaga or Cañuelas because 1) there is sufficient water to rinse my hair and 2) I'm not scared of burning or freezing now.
This last picture is me with my new helmet. Yeah!
Somebody told us that they were listening to the radio the other day. The people on the radio were talking about traffic rules or something like that and they said that the only people who follow traffic rules are the Mormons -- because we have helmets.
As far as news regarding our investigators, it turns out that Ivañes and Etelvina ARE married and so we don't have to worry.
There was a dog following me yesterday. It happens a lot to me. It kept following me even when we passed the interstate and I was really worried it was going to get lost. And so, to try and make it stop following me and keep it from getting lost, I smacked it on the head and pushed it along with my foot telling it to go home. It kept following us anyway, and I felt awful for hitting the dumb thing even if it wasn't very hard. So what does my companion do? She smacks it really hard with her bag. Yeah. It stopped following us then. And I still feel bad for the poor thing.
Aannnnd. That's all I can remember for now. And I'm out of time anyway.
Until next week,
Hermana Crotzer
No comments:
Post a Comment