Monday, February 10, 2014

Cañuelas

Well, today is transfers and I find myself in Cañuelas.  The zone leaders called Saturday night to tell me about the transfers.  So now I'm in Cañuelas with a new companion:  Hermana Castillo, from Peru.  Our pensión is pretty nice.  I think I'll need to do a little bit of cleaning so that I don't die of allergies.  There's dirt and dust and dead spiders and cobwebs everywhere.  We share the pensión with another companionship that has the area right next to ours.  Our area is gigantic.  It covers three train stations and we are in the middle of nowhere, at least compared to Luis Guillon.  There are lots of fields, like farm fields, in our area so we have bikes.  Half the time.  We share the bikes with the same sisters with whom we share the house.

I had a picture to send, but this computer doesn't like my memory stick and I forgot my card reader.  So, for next time.  But let's just say that my suitcase doesn't roll anymore.

The two back wheels on one of my suitcases are completely demolished.  Turns out that American-made luggage bags aren't designed to be used on dirt roads.  I'm going to have to buy one of the roll-y thingies that all the elders have to strap their bags to.  But that won't be until the next transfer in six weeks assuming that I change areas again.

Please don't worry about transfers or addresses changing or any of that if you have sent anything.  All mail gets sent the mission office.  And it hangs around at the mission office until big meetings or transfers.  The office gives it to zone leaders and the zone leaders give the letters to the district leaders and the district leaders then give the letters to us.  Because the mission covers such a big area and we can't just drive to the mission office or send things through the post office (because it's not trustworthy), it takes a while to get mail -- about once every three weeks.  Anyway, my point after a really long, random tangent is...

Mision Buenos Aires Sur
Hermana Catherine Crotzer
Quintana 447
Adrogué B.A., 1846
Argentina

That's still the address to which letters and stuff should be mailed.

I think I'm going to set a goal to get a keychain from every area.  I love keychains.  So far I have two from Baltimore (one from Hna. Newman, one from my little sisters), one from Luis Guillon (more or less, it's a normal key but the keys here are really weird) and one from Brazil.  I think I'm on a roll.

Con amor,
Hermana Crotzer

No comments: