Y'all should send me some mail. I'm feeling rather lonely because of a lack of mail. I was considering sending an e-mail that said, "this week was great." and nothing else, but that would be kind of mean. So I won't. But send me some mail please. I'd love to hear about how your dog went to the vet. Or whatever.
I didn't get my visa and so I'm staying in the same branch until I do. There aren't any other areas for Spanish-speaking sisters. (Sisters aren't allowed in Baltimore proper. It's too sketchy apparently.) So, I get another six weeks in the same branch with the same companion, and because the Spanish Elders didn't get transferred either, with the same Elders. Who are awesome. It's gonna be a fiesta.
I'm sitting here at a computer in the library, hoping I don't throw up all over the keyboard. (I'm sorry if that was too much information for any of you.) My companion and I are either dying from a diseased mosquito bite or we ate something funny. Both are pretty reasonable options. All I know is that around the same time yesterday afternoon, neither of us were feeling all that hot. And then during planning and all last night we were both throwing up. Good thing it's a P-day. We can sleep as much as we want and hopefully feel better tomorrow.
There was also this enormous bug in our apartment last night and we're running around, not very fast because neither of us feel good, trying to swat it with my fly-swatter. We kept missing. Hermana Newman finally got it and then smacked it a couple more times just to make sure it was dead. And then the responsibility of picking the blob of once-upon-a-time bug was left to me because I missed more times than she did and she was the one who actually got it.
We also had our first Law of Chastity discussion this week. I found out that there is a difference between adultery and fornication and that the scriptures don't like either. I don't even know how long we spent trying to find a scripture that didn't call them the worst of all sinners. We ended up using 1 Thessalonians-I-don't-even-remember-anymore. But it said something along the lines of, "flee fornication, it's a sin." So, we are sitting in Zuylema and Angel's living room and decide it's time to pull out the scriptures. Angel reads the scripture, sits there quietly for a second and then says, "that's us." (Why yes, yes it is.) And then Hermana Newman says, "So do you think it would be a good idea to get married?" They are getting married. We just aren't sure exactly when.
I have a picture of the MTC sign thingie in Mexico City. My teacher from the MTC in Provo is teaching there now and sent us all a photo.
Look, Mission Rd. How cool!
This next picture is papusas. The best food ever. One of our investigators works at a food stand and tried to give us some for free. We still payed but it was a close one. She didn't want to take our money and we still probably paid less than the full cost.
And finally a picture of the Orioles park because I can't remember if I sent one already or not.
'Til next week,
Hermana Crotzer

No comments:
Post a Comment