Monday, July 22, 2013

I Made It!

I'm in Maryland now and I'm serving in the Columbia 3rd Spanish-speaking branch.  As always, time for e-mail is short, but I have the awesome-est experience to tell y'all.

Yesterday (Sunday) my companion Hermana Newman and I went to visit an investigator family.  They weren't home but another family was there waiting for them also.  So we waited for the investigator family for a little while and talked with this other family (in Spanish) and we got a return appointment!  As we were leaving, we saw one of our other investigators across the street so we went to talk with him.  While we were giving him a short little message, he would stop the people coming in and out of the apartment and the people walking by and tell them to listen to us.  Eventually we were teaching about five people at one time and we have return appointments with two of them.  It was soooo cool!

The people here are all really nice and they always offer us food or something to drink, even if they aren't interested in hearing from us.

I woke up in the middle of the night last night and I thought it was past the time we were supposed to get up.  I must have said something because my companion woke up and asked what was going on.  She told me that it was midnight and that I could go back to sleep.  Apparently I was sleep talking later and I was introducing myself to someone in Spanish...  I'm sorry Hermana Newman for waking you up TWICE last night!!!!!

It's been great here.  Church can be kind of overwhelming, because I don't understand a lot of what is going on.  When we are in appointments, I can say that I am learning Spanish and people will speak to us really, really slowly.  Like, really slowly.  And most of the people we have spoken to actually know at least a little English.  So if I really don't understand something, they will explain it in English.  Or at least try to.  But they don't do that in church.  It would be like:  "Hey everybody, I didn't understand that last word.  Can you pause your talk and explain it to me?"  Yeah... I don't think a lot of people would like that.  Just sayin'.

My new address is

Hermana Catherine Crotzer
Maryland Baltimore Mission
4785 Dorsey Hall Dr Ste 105
Ellicott City, MD 21042

'Til next week --
Hermana Crotzer

1 comment:

George said...

Hola Hermana Crotzer! Keep up the great work - the Lord must be blessing you on your mission. Hope you are able to get to the Chesapeake before you head for Argentina. Nice blog! Elder (Isaac) Jennings has left the MTC in Sao Paulo and is up in the Salvador, Brazil area. He says it is party central for all of Brazil, and while the people are so cheerful and willing to hear the Gospel, mostly they don't want to DO anything about it.
Que se vaya con Dios, Siempre!
Hermano Jennings de Los Alamos Ward