Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Week Two at the MTC

It's been a long week.  We finished teaching Abel and have two new investigators now:  Nancy and Anderson.  We heard about Anderson from a referral and Nancy called us because somebody gave her a Book of Mormon with our number in it.  Basically, with Anderson, we had an appointment set up and with Nancy, we had to get into her door.  All of this can be really stressful when you can barely speak/understand Spanish.  (They talk so fast.)

Missionaries at the MTC have devotionals on Tuesday and on Sunday.  (They are kinda like the Devotionals at BYU-Idaho and BYU.)  Sunday's devotional was fantastic.  The man (I can't remember his name, sorry) was an absolute riot.  We got to watch these Mormon ads that were waaaay old and hilarious.  And then he would relate the ads to missionary work and our purpose.  His talk gave all of us a chance to have a laugh and relieve some stress.  Who'da thunk that missionaries get to watch TV on Sunday?  Then there was yesterday's devotional.  Elder Robert C. Gay somehow gave an unwritten talk to a lot (I don't know how many) of missionaries that was absolutely wonderful.  I really wish you guys could watch it.

I never thought that the MTC could be this hard.  And I also can't believe it's been two weeks already and that it's only been two weeks.  You know what I'm talking about?

Like I said last time, feel free to write me any time.  Letters are preferred.  It feels great to get a letter or something in the mail.  It's like somebody loves me.  :)  Thank you, Abbie, for your treat.  My district loved it and so did I.  I got a note saying I had a package and I was soooo confused.   I had no idea who would have sent me a package and it made me so happy to get one.  Thanks.  And thanks for the shoes and photos, Mama.  I wasn't expecting quite so many photos but, meh, the more the merrier.  It's hard to believe that flats are more comfortable right now than the super expensive shoes we bought for walking.  And I was surprised by how many girls just have flats or have something like Toms.

Time is running out, I only have half an hour, but hopefully I will be able to send y'all some photos in a few.  I have to do laundry first.  Sarah asked about my dork dot, yes I got one.  I'll show you and I also have a picture of me and my companion and another picture of my district.  Oh, and one I think is really funny.  (But we all know that my sense of humor is warped.)

Love, 
Hermana Crotzer

Editor's notes:  A "dork dot" is a bright sticker that is given at check-in at the MTC and is worn to identify missionaries who are newly arrived.  The MTC is huge with several thousand missionaries and many buildings.  The "dork dot" helps others recognize the newbies and assist them in finding their way around.

We will post any photos Catherine sends, providing her sense of humor isn't TOO warped.  We don't know if she meant she'd send them in a few minutes, or a few weeks.  :)  She may have run out of time.

Catherine can only read and send e-mail once a week on Wednesdays.  Her time on the computer is very limited, and she is unable to respond to everyone in the amount of time she has.  But she has lots more time to write snail-mail letters during the week, and she can receive old-fashioned letters all week long, not just on Wednesdays only.  So she asks that if at all possible, she would love to receive old-fashioned snail mail letters from anyone willing to write her.

No comments: